Sunday, February 18, 2007

Almost on the Fratellis bandwagon, almost...

Admittedly, I'm not exactly tuned in to what the kids are listening to these days. I suspect I would find some of the stateside musical offerings of the day enjoyable, yet most I encounter I find contrived, formulaic, and gimmicky.

So thank God for Scotland! Aside from giving the world Robert Bruce, the Old Firm derby, the Loch Ness monster, Sean Connery, and Glennfiddich single malt, her musical contribution is most splendid- the bagpipes (duh), Dexy's Midnight Runners, Eurythmics, Simple Minds, Beta Band, Garbage, Teenage Fan Club, Travis, Mogwai, Mylo, Franz Ferdinand, the list goes on... and now The Fratellis.

Now only if I could get a video on this stupid blog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPUZqcibh4E&mode=related&search= (the best I can for now)

A raucous, infectious, good-time, sing-along pub anthem that makes you want to drink McEwan's Export with total strangers til you're dizzy.

No comments: